Deadline Approaching For Seniors’ Program Funding
Charlie Angus is encouraging seniors groups and organizations to apply for New Horizons for Seniors funding. The program will award grants up to $25,000 to help with programming to aid seniors. Angus says the Fund has helped many groups in the past.
“We have excellent organizations that do great work with seniors but we know they are always cash-strapped. They often don't have the money to expand services or fix up buildings. This fund can help greatly.”
Community-based projects are eligible to receive up to $25,000 per year per organization in grant funding and must address one or more of the program's five objectives:
· promoting volunteerism among seniors and other generations;
· engaging seniors in the community through the mentoring of others;
· expanding awareness of elder abuse, including financial abuse;
· supporting the social participation and inclusion of seniors; and
· providing capital assistance for new and existing community projects and/or programs for seniors.
Angus says the deadline is fast approaching so groups and organizations need to move quickly. “While there is still over one month to apply, people should get the wheels moving. Sometimes these applications can be quite detailed so it is best to begin the process now.”
The deadline to apply for funding is June 29, 2012.